The Fritz Hansen Swan Chair - Leather was designed by Arne Jacobsen together with the Egg Chair (1958), for the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen. The Swan differs from the Egg with a more open shape, and discernible rounded "wings" that embrace the chair's occupant. Available in a wide range of leather upholstery options.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Swan Chair - Leather is available with the following:
- Leather upholstery
- Star shaped base made of aluminum mounted on a steel pedestal with Black-Grey synthetic feet
- Satin Polished finish
- Shell made of cold cured polyurethane foam with fiberglass reinforcement
- Tilt mechanism made of steel sheet, steel tubing and spring steel
- Adjustment handle made of polished drawn stainless steel
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1958
Basic Leather Black,
Classic Leather Black,
Classic Leather Black Brown,
Classic Leather Bright Red,
Classic Leather Cognac,
Classic Leather Walnut,
Elegance Leather Black,
Elegance Leather Dark Brown,
Elegance Leather Indian Red,
Elegance Leather Walnut,
Optical White Leather,
Tilt and Swivel
- Arm: Height 22.8"
- Item: Height 30.3", Width 29.1", Depth 26.8"
- Seat: Height 15.7"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.