Originally designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1958 for the lobby and reception areas of the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen. The Fritz Hansen Egg Chair - Leather contrasted with the hotel's austere lines with a round and sculptural form, its inward curves guaranteeing privacy and comfort. Available in a wide range of leather options.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Egg Chair - Leather is available with the following:
- Leather upholstery
- Star shaped base made of aluminum mounted on a steel pedestal with Black-Grey synthetic feet
- Satin Polished finish
- Shell made of cold cured polyurethane foam with fiberglass reinforcement
- Tilt mechanism made of steel sheet, steel tubing and spring steel
- Adjustment handle made of polished drawn stainless steel
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1958
Basic Leather Black
Classic Leather Black
Classic Leather Black Brown
Classic Leather Bright Red
Classic Leather Cognac
Classic Leather Walnut
Elegance Leather Black
Elegance Leather Dark Brown
Elegance Leather Indian Red
Elegance Leather Walnut
Optical White Leather
Tilt and Swivel
Tilt and Swivel with Auto Return
- Item: Height 42.1", Width 33.9"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.