Designed by Poul Kjaerholm in 1951 for his final graduation project at the Copenhagen School of Applied Arts, the Fritz Hansen PK25 Lounge Chair has only two components: a flag halyard fabric seat and back held taut by a steel frame. The complex frame is actually made of a single piece of continuously bent steel, with no joints or connecting hardware.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The PK25 Lounge Chair is available with the following:
- Seat and back made of flag halyard (a hemp line with nylon core)
- Frame made from spring steel
- Matte Chrome finish
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Poul Kjaerholm, 1951
Flag Halyard Black
Flag Halyard Natural
- Item: Height 29.5", Width 27.2", Depth 28.7"
- Seat: Height 15.7"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.