In 1955, Arne Jacobsen adapted his armless Series 7 Chair to meet the growing demand for a modern armchair. The Fritz Hansen Series 7 Armchair - Lacquered features four chromed steel legs and arms supporting the distinctively curved wood veneer seat and armrests.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Series 7 Armchair - Lacquered is available with the following:
- Back, seat and armrests made of laminated, pressure molded veneer
- Beech inner veneer and lacquered ash outer veneer
- Lacquered finish is uniform with no wood grain visible
- Legs and arms made of chromed steel tubes with black synthetic feet
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1955
- Arm Height 27.4":
- Item Height 30.9", Width 24", Depth 20.5":
- Seat Height 18.3":
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.