The most sold chair in Fritz Hansen history. Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1955, the Series 7 Chair builds on the original narrow-waisted form of the Ant. The Fritz Hansen Series 7 Chair - Colored Ash features glossy chromed steel legs topped by a laminated ash wood veneer seat, its delicate grain visible through a variety of translucent colors.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Series 7 Chair - Colored Ash is available with the following:
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1955
- Finish: Chrome
- Material: Laminated, pressure molded veneer (layers of birch on the interior with a colored ash exterior)
- Frame Material: Tubular steel (with black synthetic feet)
- Wood grain clearly visible through the color
- Warranty: 5 year
- Made In Denmark
Chocolate Milk Brown,
- Item Width 20", Height 31.7", Depth 20.5":
- Seat Height 18.3":
- For Fritz Hansen, color is not just a color, but a complex and ever-changing entity. In that spirit, Fritz Hansen commissioned world-famous Danish painter Tal Rosenzweig, or Tal R, to come up with a line of new colors for the Series 7, Ant and Grand Prix chairs. With his extensive knowledge of color, Tal R was able to devise a palette that is vibrant, varied and full of meaning and emotion.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.