The most sold chair in Fritz Hansen history. Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1955, the Series 7 Chair builds on the original narrow-waisted form of the Ant. The Fritz Hansen Series 7 Chair - Colored Ash features glossy chromed steel legs topped by a laminated ash wood veneer seat, its delicate grain visible through a variety of translucent colors.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Series 7 Chair - Colored Ash is available with the following:
- Back and seat made of laminated, pressure molded veneer
- Beech inner veneer and colored ash outer veneer
- Wood grain clearly visible through the color
- Legs made of chromed steel tubes with black synthetic feet
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1955
- Item: Height 31.7", Width 20", Depth 20.5"
- Seat: Height 18.3"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.