Arne Jacobsen designed the Fritz Hansen Swan Chair at the same time as the Egg Chair (1958), for the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen. Like the Egg, the Swan Chair is all curves. The Swan, however, is more open, with discernible rounded "wings" that embrace the chair's occupant. Available in a wide range of fabric upholstery options.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Swan Chair is available with the following:
- Star shaped base made of aluminum mounted on a steel pedestal with Black-Grey synthetic feet
- Satin Polished finish
- Shell made of cold cured polyurethane foam with fiberglass reinforcement
- Tilt mechanism made of steel sheet, steel tubing and spring steel
- Adjustment handle made of polished drawn stainless steel
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1958
- Please call 877.445.4486 for additional fabric offerings.
Divina Dark Grey 173
Divina Red 623
Fame Beige 61003
Fame Black 60999
Fame Grey 60003
Fame Orange 63016
Fame Red 64003
Hallingdal Black 190
Hallingdal Classic Red 674
Hallingdal Light Grey 103
Magic Chocolate Brown 300
Steelcut Trio Brown 283
Steelcut Trio Mustard 453
Steelcut Trio Sand 213
Tonus Black 128
Topas Charcoal 156
Topas Dark Red 614
Topas Light Grey 124
Topas Orange 504
Tilt and Swivel
Tilt and Swivel with Auto Return
- Arm: Height 22.8"
- Item: Height 30.3", Width 29.1", Depth 26.8"
- Seat: Height 15.7"
- Fabric Options- Divina (100% Wool) Dark Grey 173, Red 623. | Fame (95% Wool, 5% Polyamid): Beige 61003, Black 60999, Grey 60003, Orange 63016, Red 64003. | Hallingdal (70% New Wool, 30% Viscose): Black 190, Classic Red 674, Light Grey 103. | Magic (96% New Wool, 4% Nylon): Chocolate Brown 300. | Steelcut Trio (90% Pure Wool, 10% Nylon): Brown 283, Mustard 453, Sand 213. | Tonus (90% Pure Wool, 10% Nylon): Black 128. | Topas (100% Pure Worsted Wool): Charcoal 156, Dark Red 614, Light Grey 124, Orange 504.
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.