Designed by Bertjan Pot, the Moooi Heracleum II Suspension is a decorative LED fixture inspired by the Heracleum plant. Here, the "leaves" are 63 polycarbonate lenses, which reflect the light of 63 internal LEDs. The branch-like frame is made of metal wire, a delicate structure that powers the lights with coats of conductive layers (the Electrosandwich technique, devised by fellow Dutchman Marcel Wanders).
Moooi creates modern pendant lighting, lamps, and a unique array of suspension lighting. Founded by Marcel Wanders and first presented in 2001, Moooi creates products that satisfy the customers' desire for individual style, and features designers such as Ross Lovegrove and Erwin Olaf.
The Heracleum II LED Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Bertjan Pot in 2010
- Material: Metal wire frame and polycarbonate lenses with a steel canopy
- 63 rotatable polycarbonate lenses
- Ultra-thin suspension cable
- Dimmable with low power-rated dimmer
- Powered through Electrosandwich® by Marcel Wanders
- UL Listed
- Made In Netherlands
- Cable: Length 157.48"
- Fixture: Height 25.6", Diameter 38.6"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 183"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.