Japanese grace meets Scandinavian simplicity. Designed by Shoichi Uchiyama, the Louis Poulsen Enigma Pendant features a series of floating shades that continue to diminish in scale while descending in height. The design of the shade structure - matte upper surface diffuses light while glossy lower surface reflects it - promotes illumination downward and outward, and is very much attuned to the Poulsen reflective shade aesthetic.
When you hear the name Louis Poulsen, you think distinctive modern Danish lighting. From the classic icons of the 1920s to more recent pieces, all Louis Poulsen lighting is created based on a deep-felt respect for architecture, understanding the emotional effect of lighting and the belief that shadow is just as aesthetically important as light. All three aspects manifest themselves in the sculptural layering and comfortable, glare-free light of Louis Poulsen pendants, wall, table and floor lamps.
The Enigma Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed by Shoichi Uchiyama
- Finish: Brushed Aluminum
- Material: Aluminum
- Shade Material: Aluminum
- Matte acrylic shades
- Round White ceiling canopy
- 12' field-cuttable suspension cord
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Denmark
- Small Option Cable: Length 144"
- Small Option Canopy: Diameter 4.3"
- Small Option Fixture: Height 29.3", Diameter 16.6"
- Small Option Maximum Hanging: Length Adjustable To 173.3"
- Medium Option Cable: Length 144"
- Medium Option Canopy: Diameter 4.3"
- Medium Option Fixture: Height 38.2", Diameter 21.4"
- Medium Option Maximum Hanging: Length Adjustable To 182.2"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.