Inspired by rocket engines and astrodynamics, the Rich Brilliant Willing Delta Table Lamp is a pleated fabric shade that evokes the precision of a mechanical gear. The fluted texture, based on traditional box pleating techniques, gently tapers in to a smooth octagonal shape, enhancing the rich materiality of the fabric. Sitting atop a slender metal support, the robust structure creates attractive ambient and direct light while also propelling an otherwise classic lantern shape in to a modern context.
A take-off on the three design partners' names (Theo Richardson, Charles Brill and Alexander Williams), Rich Brilliant Willing is a team that can stand to do a little bragging (although they never would). Established in 2007, Rich Brilliant Willing has achieved amazingly swift and widespread success with their modern lighting, furniture and home accessory designs.
The Delta Table Lamp is available with the following:
- Designed in 2011
- Material: Fabric shade with powder coated or nickel plated metal base
- Based on traditional box pleating techniques
- Named after the astrodynamic measurement: "Delta-v"
- Black version with opaque gold liner and powder coated base
- White version with translucent liner and nickel plated base
- On/Off Stem Switch
- Switch Included
- ETL Listed
- Made In USA
Black with Gold,
- Cord: Length 80"
- Fixture: Height 29", Diameter 15", Weight 4.5 Lbs.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.