Inspired by rocket engines and astrodynamics, the Rich Brilliant Willing Delta IV Pendant is a pleated fabric shade that evokes the precision of a mechanical gear. The voluminous structure features fluted inner shade surrounded by a large ring of smooth fabric. The layering provides both indirect and diffused light, enhancing the rich materiality of the fabric and propelling an otherwise classic lantern shape in to a modern context.
A take-off on the three design partners' names (Theo Richardson, Charles Brill and Alexander Williams), Rich Brilliant Willing is a team that can stand to do a little bragging (although they never would). Established in 2007, Rich Brilliant Willing has achieved amazingly swift and widespread success with their modern lighting, furniture and home accessory designs.
The Delta IV Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed in 2011
- Material: Fabric shade with Styrene diffuser
- Based on traditional box pleating techniques
- Named after the astrodynamic measurement: "Delta-v"
- Black version with opaque gold liner
- White version with translucent liner
- Field-adjustable suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Made In USA
Black with Gold,
- Canopy: Diameter 5"
- Cord: Length 6'
- Fixture: Height 15", Diameter 32", Weight 10.5 Lbs.
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 87"
Ratings: Based on 2 reviews, this product is rated 5.0 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.