Inspired by rocket engines and astrodynamics, the Rich Brilliant Willing Delta II Pendant is a pleated fabric shade that evokes the precision of a mechanical gear. The fluted texture, based on traditional box pleating techniques, tapers in to a smooth octagonal shape, enhancing the rich materiality of the fabric. The robust structure creates attractive ambient and direct light while also propelling an otherwise classic lantern shape in to a modern context.
A take-off on the three design partners' names (Theo Richardson, Charles Brill and Alexander Williams), Rich Brilliant Willing is a team that can stand to do a little bragging (although they never would). Established in 2007, Rich Brilliant Willing has achieved amazingly swift and widespread success with their modern lighting, furniture and home accessory designs.
The Delta II Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed in 2011
- Material: Fabric shade with metal support
- Based on traditional box pleating techniques
- Named after the astrodynamic measurement: "Delta-v"
- Black version with opaque gold liner
- White version with translucent liner
- 48" suspension cable (Canopy Kit option)
- 15' suspension cable with switch and plug (Cord Set option)
- Field-adjustable suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Made In USA
Black with Gold,
- Canopy Kit Option Canopy: Diameter 5"
- Canopy Kit Option Cord: Length 48"
- Canopy Kit Option Fixture: Height 24", Diameter 20", Weight 3.5 Lbs.
- Canopy Kit Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 72"
- Cord Set Option Canopy: Diameter 5"
- Cord Set Option Cord: Length 180"
- Cord Set Option Fixture: Height 24", Diameter 20", Weight 3.5 Lbs.
- Cord Set Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 204"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.