Inspired by rocket engines and astrodynamics, the Rich Brilliant Willing Delta I Pendant is a pleated fabric shade that evokes the precision of a mechanical gear. The fluted texture, based on traditional box pleating techniques, enhances the rich materiality of the fabric while creating attractive ambient and direct light. The rounded octagonal shape propels an otherwise classic lantern shape in to a modern context with a soft edge.
A take-off on the three design partners' names (Theo Richardson, Charles Brill and Alexander Williams), Rich Brilliant Willing is a team that can stand to do a little bragging (although they never would). Established in 2007, Rich Brilliant Willing has achieved amazingly swift and widespread success with their modern lighting, furniture and home accessory designs.
The Delta I Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed in 2011
- Material: Fabric shade with metal support
- Based on traditional box pleating techniques
- Named after the astrodynamic measurement: "Delta-v"
- Black version with opaque gold liner
- White version with translucent liner
- 48" suspension cable (Canopy Kit option)
- 15' suspension cable with switch and plug (Cord Set option)
- Field-adjustable suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Made In USA
Black with Gold,
- Canopy Kit Option Canopy: Diameter 5"
- Canopy Kit Option Cord: Length 6'
- Canopy Kit Option Fixture: Height 15", Diameter 15", Weight 2.5 Lbs.
- Canopy Kit Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 87"
- Cord Set Option Canopy: Diameter 5"
- Cord Set Option Cord: Length 6'
- Cord Set Option Fixture: Height 15", Diameter 15", Weight 2.5 Lbs.
- Cord Set Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 87"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.