In Charles & Ray Eames' experiments with molded plastics in the 1940s, the Eames® Molded Plastic Armchair - Rocker Base by Herman Miller® was one of the successful results. The molded polypropylene seat is smooth, comfortable and--with a wide range of colors--wonderfully fashionable. The metal frame culminates in solid wood rockers.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Eames Molded Plastic Armchair - Rocker Base is available with the following:
- Made of a single molded piece of polypropylene
- Metal base with solid wood rockers
- 8-16% recycled content, 84% recyclable
- Greenguard Certified
- 5 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, 1950
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 26.5", Width 24.5", Depth 27.5"
- Seat: Height 13"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.