Named The Best Design of the 20th Century by Time magazine, the Eames® Molded Plywood Lounge - Wood Base by Herman Miller® was also the very first piece Charles & Ray Eames designed for Herman Miller. The entire chair is made using the Eames' signature molded plywood process. The result is at once soft-looking, comfortable and exceptionally sturdy.
Since its early beginnings in 1905 (then known as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller has stood as one of the leaders in ergonomic furniture design and manufacture. Today, with a strong focus on designing furnishings with excellent form and function, this Michigan-based company produces a variety of home and office products that improve the human experience wherever people work, create, learn and live.
The Eames Molded Plywood Lounge - Wood Base is available with the following:
- Made of molded plywood
- 5 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, 1946
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 26.5", Width 22", Depth 24.25"
- Seat: Height 15.5"
- Herman Miller wood veneer- Santos Palisander is a sustainably harvested Bolivian rosewood. It replaces the non-sustainable rosewood formerly sourced from Brazil. | Herman Miller uses only all-natural real wood veneer. The natural characteristics in individual wood veneer pieces should not be considered defects. Rather, the inherent color and grain variations in the wood contribute to a veneer's unique beauty, and make each piece one-of-a-kind. | If properly cared for, wood veneer furniture will stay looking beautiful for a long time. To learn more about the care of wood veneer, go to the Learn More About Herman Miller section on the main Herman Miller page.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.