Introducing the one...the only...Eames® Lounge Chair & Ottoman by Herman Miller®. First introduced in 1956, this lounge remains one of the most significant and enduring designs of the 20th century. Here, the Eames' experimentation with molded plywood meets classic club chair design. It is available in a variety of plush leather upholstery options and natural or oiled wood veneers.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman is available with the following:
- 7-ply wood veneer shells
- Leather upholstery
- 6" foam cushions
- Die-cast aluminum bases with built-in swivel mechanism
- Natural rubber shock mounts
- Adjustable stainless steel glides
- Lounge: 27% recycled content, 63% recyclable
- Ottoman: 30% recycled content, 69% recyclable
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, 1956
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
Black MCL Leather
Ivory MCL Leather
Oiled Santos Palisander
- Ottoman: Height 17.25"
- Lounge: Height 32"
- Ottoman: Width 26"
- Lounge: Width 32.75", Depth 32.75"
- Ottoman: Depth 21.5"
- Seat: Height 15"
- Herman Miller leather combines the traditions of fine craftsmanship with the latest advances in leather-making technology. To learn more about the care of this leather, go to the Learn More About Herman Miller section on the main Herman Miller page.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.