An essential timepiece, with design defined by function. The Punkt AC 01 Alarm Clock was created by Jasper Morrison as a simple object that's simple to use. This slim alarm clock is made out of thick, durable aluminum, with scratch-proof glass protecting the dial. The dial and hands can glow in the dark for easy night viewing.
"Simplicity is everything. If technology isn't able to make life easier, it makes no sense at all." Punkt creates alarm clocks and other electronics with intuitive, uncomplicated functions and modern lines, returning usability to technology and making the future more accessible one gadget at a time.
The AC 01 Alarm Clock is available with the following:
- Solid Aluminum body
- Thick scratch-proof glass
- Dial and hands lit through single LED light (cold white) Lumibrite
- Quartz movement
- Alarm sound repeated every 5 minutes up until 40 minutes of functioning
- 3 preinstalled IEC LR44 batteries
- Alarm clock battery life: ~1 year
- Light ring battery life: ~1 year
- Designed by Jasper Morrison
- Item: Height 4.25", Width 3.5", Depth 1.25"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Ratings: Based on 3.0 reviews, this product is rated 1.3333 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.