Designer Koskinen plays with contrasts and the archetypes of modern society by placing a smaller bulb within a block of glass with a larger bulb shape, producing a happy conflict of visual suggestion and actual design. From the moment of its inception in 1996, Harri Koskinen's Design House Stockholm Block Lamp has become a design classic--a sensation of ice and light, heat and chill. Definitely one for the collection.
Design House Stockholm was founded by Anders Fardig, who is passionate about finding products that fire the imagination, enhance lifestyles and turn shopping into entertainment. Under his management, Design House Stockholm has become a leading name at the forefront of Scandinavian design, and is known for its innovative products and established quality. Design House Stockholm is a publishing house for contemporary Scandinavian design, with products ranging from furniture to fashion, lighting, tabletop and limited studio editions.
The Block Lamp is available with the following:
- Designed by Harri Koskinen in 1996
- Clear glass shade
- Red textile cord
- Recipient of the Excellent Swedish Design in 1998
- Recipient of the Design Plus Award at the Ambiente Trade Fair in Frankfurt
- Designated Best New Product at the accent show in New York in 1999
- Recipient of the Torsten and Wanja Soderberg Prize (Scandinavia's most prominent design award)
- Added to MoMA's permanent collection in 2000
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made In China
- Fixture: Width 6.3", Height 4", Depth 3.5"
Ratings: Based on 2 reviews, this product is rated 5.0 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.