The David Trubridge Design Kina Pendant is an enormous lighting fixture inspired by a diminutive sea creature. At more than five feet around, the Kina yet retains the shape and pattern evocative of a sea urchin's shell. It is made out of durable, warm bamboo components, pre-assembled with plastic clips.
Designed and manufactured in New Zealand, David Trubridge lighting and furniture designs are created to encourage sustainable living in a way that also nourishes people spiritually and culturally. This kind of "cultural design" marries technology with culture and nature to create a design style that's unique to our time, one that's both contemporary and timeless.
The Kina Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed by David Trubridge
- Material: Natural bamboo plywood and nylon clips
- Kitset: ships flat, assembly required
- White cord and socket included (black for Stained Black finish)
- All Natural/Color finishes are painted on the interior only
- White and Stained Black finishes are painted on both sides
- Kina is the Maori name for sea-urchin
- UL Listed
- Made In New Zealand
- Small Option Cord: Length 10'
- Small Option Fixture: Height 8", Diameter 17.5", Weight 0.31 Lbs.
- Small Option Suspension: Length 128"
- Medium Option Cord: Length 10'
- Medium Option Fixture: Height 11", Diameter 23.5", Weight 1.98 Lbs.
- Medium Option Suspension: Length 131"
- Large Option Cord: Length 10'
- Large Option Fixture: Height 14.5", Diameter 31.5", Weight 3.31 Lbs.
- Large Option Suspension: Length 134.5"
- Extra Large Option Cord: Length 10'
- Extra Large Option Fixture: Height 16.5", Diameter 39.5", Weight 5.4 Lbs.
- Extra Large Option Suspension: Length 136.5"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.