Named for the majestic heron whose neck seems infinitely flexible, the Herman Miller Ardea Task Lamp is a personal light created to reflect this adjustability. San Francisco designer Yves Behar constructed the Ardea to both reflect nature and have a minimal impact on it, resulting in an extremely versatile energy efficient light. Made of 12% recycled materials and is up to 84% recyclable at the end of its useful life. Winner of the 2009 red dot award.
Since its early beginnings in 1905 (then known as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller has stood as one of the leaders in ergonomic furniture design and manufacture. Today, with a strong focus on designing furnishings with excellent form and function, this Michigan-based company produces a variety of home and office products that improve the human experience wherever people work, create, learn and live.
The Ardea Task Lamp is available with the following:
- Metal reflector
- Metal base
- Flexible hinges at the base and head
- Made of 12% recycled materials
- 84% recyclable
- Can be used as a freestanding lamp or clamped to a work station or panel with included attachment brackets
- UL Listed
- Designed by Yves Behar
- Winner of red dot Award, 2009
- Winner of Good Design Award, 2009
- Receiver of Gold in Home Living IDEA category, Silver in Ecodesign category, 2010
- Arm: Extension Adjustable From 7", Adjustable To 36.38"
- Base: Diameter 7.88"
- Height: Extension Adjustable From 19", Adjustable To 35.75"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.