From top to bottom, the Ingo Maurer Hot Achille Ceiling/Floor Light is a fascinating statement in contemporary design. Said to be in honor of designer Achille Castiglioni and his 1971 Parentesi light, the Hot Achille hangs from a coaxial cable pulled taut by a counterweight and features a freely rotatable reflector. The height of the lamp can be modified within a limited range. Designed by Ingo Maurer and his team.
For more than 40 years Ingo Maurer has created somewhat irreverent and thought-provoking designs in a method that is more exo-modern than contemporary. These experimentalist collections enliven fashion runways, monuments and private homes, giving Ingo Maurer lighting a name that resounds in the minds of the design-forward.
The Hot Achille Ceiling/Floor Light is available with the following:
- Freely rotating aluminum reflector with protective glass cover
- Coaxial cable
- Adjustable weight ensures coxial cable stays taut
- Electronic transformer
- Continuously variable dimmer
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Germany
- Designed by Ingo Maurer
- Small Fixture: Height Adjustable From 78.74", Adjustable To 118.11"
- Large Fixture: Height Adjustable From 118.11", Adjustable To 137.79"
- Fixture: Width 10.23"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.