The WAC 8403 4" IC New Construction Airtight Ready Housing is available with either a 120 volt or 277 volt magnetic transformer. It is a low voltage boxed IC-rated new construction downlight with an integral magnetic transformer. Housing and junction box are 20 gauge steel. Electrical component is a bi-pin ceramic socket with 18 gauge Teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves. Meets title 24 and WSEC airtight codes when used with the RGK addition.
WAC Lighting, founded in 1984, has developed a strong reputation for high quality decorative and task lighting. Based in Garden City, New York, WAC Lighting is a leading manufacturer of low voltage, line voltage and LED lighting, including track systems, transformers, lamps, cabinet lighting and recessed downlights.
The 8403 4" IC New Construction Airtight Ready Housing is available with the following:
- Steel construction
- Integral magnetic transformer; long-life, with proven core and coil technology
- IC rated downlight: suitable for direct contact with insulation
- Meets title 24 and WSEC airtight codes when used with the RGK addition
- 7 knockouts and 4 Romex style wiring connectors provided for ease of installation
- Supplied with hanger bars, adjustable up to 24" to accommodate various joist construction and grid sizes; hanger bars have nailers for wood joists as well as slots for easy mounting on T bars; minimum span of 15" and maximum of 24"
- Hanger bars slots are located on all four sides of the frame
- Dimmable with magnetic low voltage dimmer (not included)
- UL Listed Damp
- Housing: Height 7.56", Width 17.13", Diameter 4.19", Cutout 4.38"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.