The WAC Lighting 8402 4" Non-IC New Construction Housing is a low voltage new construction downlight with a choice of an integral electronic or magnetic transformer. Housing and transformer arm are 20 gauge steel; housing is painted black. Electrical component within can is a bi-pin ceramic socket with 18 gauge Teflon insulated wires with fiberglass sleeves. This small-sized housing is compact enough to fit in 2"x6" joist installations, allowing these housings to be used in "shallow" applications such as 2-story houses or where attic space is used for storage.
WAC Lighting, founded in 1984, has developed a strong reputation for high quality decorative and task lighting. Based in Garden City, New York, WAC Lighting is a leading manufacturer of low voltage, line voltage and LED lighting, including track systems, transformers, lamps, cabinet lighting and recessed downlights.
The 8402 4" Non-IC New Construction Housing is available with the following:
- Steel construction
- Non-IC rated: insulation must be kept at least 3" away from the housing
- 7 knockouts and 4 Romex style wiring connectors provided for ease of installation
- Supplied with hanger bars, adjustable from 12"-24" to accommodate various joist construction and grid sizes; hanger bars have nailers for wood joists as well as slots for easy mounting on T bars; Minimum span of 15" and maximum of 24"
- Suitable for branch and chain wiring
- Magnetic Transformer option features a 120 volt input transformer
- Magnetic Transformer option features long-life magnetic transformers with proven core and coil technology
- The Magnetic Transformer option is dimmable with magnetic low voltage dimmers (not included)
- Electronic transformer has advanced auto-reset, soft start and short circuit protection features; the soft start delayed lamp start feature extends lamp life by delaying the abrupt inrush current to the lamp
- The Electronic Transformer option is dimmable with electronic low voltage dimmers (not included)
- UL Listed for damp locations
- Electronic Transformer: Height 4.25", Diameter 4.25", Cutout 4.56"
- Magnetic Transformer: Height 5.5", Diameter 4.31", Cutout 4.38"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.