The Moooi Random Light, designed by Bertjan Pot, is hugely dramatic and light as a feather. It began as a modernist craft project. Pot at first attempted knitting the fiberglass and then turned to wrapping the epoxy-dipped fiberglass around an inflatable mold. Once the mold was popped, the wonderful fiberglass globe remained. The exposed bulb in the center creates an allover glow when lit.
Moooi creates modern pendant lighting, lamps, and a unique array of suspension lighting. Founded by Marcel Wanders and first presented in 2001, Moooi creates products that satisfy the customers' desire for individual style, and features designers such as Ross Lovegrove and Erwin Olaf.
The Random Light is available with the following:
- Designed by Bertjan Pot in 2001
- Finish: Chrome
- Shade Material: Globe-shaped epoxy coated fiberglass shade
- Steel supports
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-adjustable Black suspension cord
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Netherlands
- Large Option Cord Length 157.48":
- Large Option Fixture Height 41.3", Diameter 41.3":
- Large Option Maximum Hanging Length Adjustable To 198.78":
- Medium Option Cord Length 157.48":
- Medium Option Fixture Height 31.5", Diameter 31.5":
- Medium Option Maximum Hanging Length Adjustable To 188.98":
- Small Option Cord Length 157.48":
- Small Option Fixture Height 19.7", Diameter 19.7":
- Small Option Maximum Hanging Length Adjustable To 177.18":
Ratings: Based on 8 reviews, this product is rated 4.875 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.