The Moooi Random Light, designed by Bertjan Pot, is hugely dramatic and light as a feather. It began as a modernist craft project. Pot at first attempted knitting the fiberglass and then turned to wrapping the epoxy-dipped fiberglass around an inflatable mold. Once the mold was popped, the wonderful fiberglass globe remained. The exposed bulb in the center creates an allover glow when lit.
Moooi creates modern pendant lighting, lamps, and a unique array of suspension lighting. Founded by Marcel Wanders and first presented in 2001, Moooi creates products that satisfy the customers' desire for individual style, and features designers such as Ross Lovegrove and Erwin Olaf.
The Random Light is available with the following:
- Globe-shaped epoxy coated fiberglass shade
- Steel supports
- Chrome finish
- Round ceiling canopy
- 157.5" Black suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Designed by Bertjan Pot
- Small Option Fixture: Diameter 19.7"
- Small Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 177.18"
- Medium Option Fixture: Diameter 31.5"
- Medium Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 188.98"
- Large Option Fixture: Diameter 41.3"
- Large Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 198.78"
- Cord: Length 157.48"
Ratings: Based on 7 reviews, this product is rated 4.8571 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.