At 5.5 inches around, the Artemide Castore 14 Suspension is the smallest member of the Castore family. It features the signature White hand blown glass sphere flowing from the White polycarbonate-covered steel tube support. The translucent polycarbonate actually partially diffuses some of the light, further blurring the lines between the two individual components.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore 14 Suspension is available with the following:
- Globe-shaped White hand blown glass shade
- Steel supports and tubing covered in White polycarbonate sleeve
- White finish
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-cuttable stainless steel suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens, 2003
- Compasso d'Oro, 2004
- Suspension: Length Adjustable From 13.75", Adjustable To 78.75"
- Shade: Diameter 5.5"
- Canopy: Diameter 6"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.