Live in Denver, but want to know time is it in Abu Dhabi? The Charlotte van der Waals World Time Clock provides the time for all twenty-four global time zones. It features a twelve-sided clock case, each side containing the names of two major cities (twelve hours/time zones apart). To find a city's local time, the clock is rolled until that city is on top.
Charlotte van der Waals is the name of both the designer herself and her industrial design studio based in Amsterdam. Since beginning her design career in the early 1970s, van der Waals has created a wide range of distinctive jewelry, vases, clocks and other home accessories. With these designs, her goal is "aesthetic simplicity," to contain complexity in harmonious, deceptively simple forms.
The World Time Clock Stainless Steel is available with the following:
- Solid satin stainless steel barrel case etched with an international city name for each of the 24 time zones
- Seiko timepiece with 2-yr watch battery
- Made in the Netherlands for Studio TRV
- Designed by Charlotte van der Waals
- Item: Width 1.63", Diameter 1.5"
Ratings: Based on 3 reviews, this product is rated 4.3333 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.