The Vitra Sunflower Clock was designed by George Nelson in 1958, and has since become an icon of modern design. It is large yet lightweight, with slender lengths of birch or black-stained ash carefully bent into a perfectly precise and intricate flower shape. This is an authentic re-edition, fully authorized by the Nelson estate.
Founded in Switzerland in 1950, Vitra produces intelligent and inspiring furniture and accessories for the home, office and other public spaces. Ever mindful of the importance of sustainability in design, Vitra creates furnishings with high quality and versatile style that ensures functional and aesthetic enjoyment for the long term.
The Sunflower Clock is available with the following:
- Made of birch or Black-stained ash plywood
- Each petal joined with small metal pins
- High grade quartz movement
- Uses one AA battery (included)
- Made in Switzerland
- Designed by George Nelson
Black and Brass
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.