The Kartell FLY Suspension Lamp, designed by Ferruccio Laviani, is a dome pendant made in all the colors of the rainbow. The shade is not perfectly hemispherical, but with the cut-off underneath the height of the diameter to collect the most light. What's more, the special transparency of the batch-dyed PMMA and the sheen of the colors bring to mind a soap bubble, iridescent with reflections of light.
Founded in 1949 by Giulio and Anna Castelli, Kartell has become the world leader—and innovator—in the realm of molded plastic furniture. Headquartered in Italy, Kartell works with designers worldwide to create their distinctive line of modern furniture, lighting and accessories. Dedication to discovering and employing new technologies and manufacturing methods results in a growing line of durable, stylish and cutting edge products.
The FLY Suspension Lamp is available with the following:
- Designed by Ferruccio Laviani
- Dome-shaped, batch-dyed PMMA shade
- Dome-shaped ceiling canopy
- 7' clear cord
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
- One 72 Watt (1490 Lumens) 120 VoltE26 Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 100 Watt (1600 Lumens) 120 VoltE26 Base Incandescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Cord: Length 84"
- Fixture: Diameter 20.5", Height 13"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable From 17", Adjustable To 101"
Ratings: Based on 11 reviews, this product is rated 4.0909 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.