The Vitra Tripod Clock is an authentic re-edition of the classic 1947 design by George Nelson. It is produced using the original design document from the Nelson archive (with the blessings of the George Nelson estate). This petite table clock is made out of spun brass with a polished brass base and features high-grade quartz movement that runs on a single AA battery (included).
Founded in Switzerland in 1950, Vitra produces intelligent and inspiring furniture and accessories for the home, office and other public spaces. Ever mindful of the importance of sustainability in design, Vitra creates furnishings with high quality and versatile style that ensures functional and aesthetic enjoyment for the long term.
The Tripod Clock is available with the following:
- Made of brass
- Brushed finish on body, polished finish on tripod base
- Quartz movement
- Uses one AA battery (included)
- Designed by George Nelson, 1947
- Item: Height 6.5", Width 4.25"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Ratings: Based on 1.0 reviews, this product is rated 5.0 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.