Who's there? Omar the Owl, designed in 1965 by George Nelson, is still a hoot. Perfect for kids' rooms or anywhere you want to add some zoo-timer fun. This classic wall clock features a silk screen-printed lacquered wood face with metal hands.
Founded in Switzerland in 1950, Vitra produces intelligent and inspiring furniture and accessories for the home, office and other public spaces. Ever mindful of the importance of sustainability in design, Vitra creates furnishings with high quality and versatile style that ensures functional and aesthetic enjoyment for the long term.
The Omar the Owl is available with the following:
- Silk screen-printed lacquered wood
- Metal hands
- Requires one AA battery (not included)
- Designed by George Nelson, 1965
- Item: Height 10", Width 10.5", Diameter 1.5"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.