Technology devised in the 1950s proves impressive even today in the Flos Taraxacum Suspension. Designed by Achille Castiglioni and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni in 1960, the Taraxacum features a "cocoon" resin shade that is actually sprayed onto an internal steel frame. This organic, web-like structure is further protected by another sprayed-on transparent finish. Available in two sizes.
Flos was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting Flos lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Taraxacum Suspension is available with the following:
- White cocoon resin shade
- White powder-coated steel frame
- Transparent sprayed-on finish
- 96" field-cuttable suspension cord
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Achille Castiglioni and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni, 1960
- Small Option Fixture: Height 19.6", Diameter 26.7"
- Small Option Suspension: Overall Hanging Length Adjustable To 115.6"
- Large Option Fixture: Height Adjustable From 121", Diameter 34"
- Large Option Suspension: Overall Hanging Length Adjustable To 121"
- Cable: Length 96"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.