The FLOS Lounge Gun Floor Lamp: provocative, ostentatious, thoughtful and symbolic. The aluminum lamp--shaped like an M-16-- is finished in gold or chrome, symbolizing the relationship between money and war. The lamp shade's interior features silk-screened crosses, symbolizing lives lost. Says Philippe Starck, "Why doesn't furniture show that everything is a political choice? I am a designer and design is my only weapon, so I use it to speak about what I think is important."
FLOS was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting FLOS lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Lounge Gun Floor Lamp is available with the following:
- Designed by Philippe Starck in 2005
- Matte Black plasticized paper shade with a Gold silkscreened interior; or White plasticized paper shade with a Silver silkscreened interior
- Die-cast aluminum base with an overmolded polymer coating and high gloss 18K gold-plated or chrome finish
- Black fabric-covered power cord
- In-line on/off switch and full-range dimmer
- "Happiness is a hot gun inscribed on lamp base"
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Italy
Chrome with White,
Polished Gold with Black
- Base Diameter 17":
- Fixture Height 66.7":
- Shade Height 16.7", Diameter 22":
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.