Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Egg Chair - Leather is available with the following:
- Leather upholstery
- Star shaped base made of aluminum mounted on a steel pedestal with Black-Grey synthetic feet
- Satin Polished finish
- Shell made of cold cured polyurethane foam with fiberglass reinforcement
- Tilt mechanism made of steel sheet, steel tubing and spring steel
- Adjustment handle made of polished drawn stainless steel
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1958
Leather: Basic Leather Black , Classic Leather Black , Classic Leather Black Brown , Classic Leather Bright Red , Classic Leather Cognac , Classic Leather Walnut , Elegance Leather Black , Elegance Leather Dark Brown , Elegance Leather Indian Red , Elegance Leather Walnut , Natural Leather , Optical White Leather , Rustic Leather , White Leather
Tilt Function: Tilt and Swivel , Tilt and Swivel with Auto Return
- Item: Height 42.1", Width 33.9"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.