Designed by Poul Kjaerholm in 1965, the Fritz Hansen PK24 Lounge Chair is a minimalist, modern piece inspired by designs from the Rococo period and the French chaise lounge (which has similar curves and dimensions). The leather seat touches the base at only two points, gravity and friction keeping it on as it glides back and forth.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The PK24 Lounge Chair is available with the following:
- Frame made of stainless steel
- Satin Brushed finish
- Fully upholstered in leather
- Leather head cushion has stainless steel counterweight
- Seat and back glide on frame
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Poul Kjaerholm, 1965
Black Brown Classic Leather,
Black Classic Leather,
Cognac Classic Leather,
Indian Red Elegance Leather,
Optical White Leather,
Walnut Elegance Leather,
- Item: Height 34.25", Width 61.02", Depth 26.38"
- Seat: Height 5.5"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...
PK Series by Fritz Hansen