In 1968, Poul Kjaerholm was tasked with a way to utilize strips of leather left over from the production of other furniture. The result was the comfortable and elegant Fritz Hansen PK20 Lounge Chair. The supple leather seat and headrest (available in a variety of colors) sit on a flexible base of Matte Chrome-finished spring steel.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The PK20 Lounge Chair is available with the following:
- Frame made of flexible spring steel
- Matte Chrome finish
- Fully upholstered in leather with matching headrest
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Poul Kjaerholm, 1968
Black Brown Classic Leather,
Black Classic Leather,
Cognac Classic Leather,
Indian Red Elegance Leather,
Optical White Leather,
Walnut Elegance Leather,
- Item: Height 35.04", Width 31.5", Depth 28"
- Seat: Height 14.57"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...
PK Series by Fritz Hansen