Highly influenced by designer Alvar Aalto's work, Ilmari Tapiovaara created the Pirkka collection with public functionality in mind. That's why the Artek Pirkka Stool offers such comfort and simplicity, making it a great option for just about any room and any decorating theme.
Founded in Finland in 1935 by four self-proclaimed idealists, Artek stands strong on the company's ethics, product aesthetics and ecology. With products that offer the Scandinavian look--clean lines, minimal fluff--Artek has built a line that incorporates a modern, approachable appeal into modern furniture and lighting design.
The Pirkka Stool is available with the following:
- Frame made of Black-lacquered solid birch
- Seat made from Brown-stained and lacquered solid pine
- Made in Finland
- Designed by Ilmari Tapiovaara, 1955
Brown and Black
- Low Item: Height 13.8", Width 17.3", Depth 11"
- High Item: Height 17.3", Width 17.3", Depth 11"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...