The perfect display of balance--literally--between art and furniture. Isamu Noguchi brought his background as a sculptor to his design of the Noguchi® Table by Herman Miller®. This explains the distinctive carved wood base--two legs interlocked to form a tripod--and freeform Clear glass top. The finished piece looks delicate, but is durable, solid and stable.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Noguchi Table is available with the following:
- Curved solid wood base
- 3/4" Clear plate glass top
- 5 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- As marks of authenticity, the designer's name is etched into the longest edge of the glass top and stamped into the medallion on the underside of the base
- Designed by Isamu Noguchi, 1948
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 15.75", Width 50", Depth 36"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...