EDIDA 2008 winner Joris Laarman got the idea for Nebula when he was playing around with grouping lamp shades of different sizes. Says Laarman, "I was struck by the strong image that appeared when I just combined them as a bunch. They emitted from a core like an explosion of light, like a star in the sky." The Flos Nebula Chandelier is made from 10 blown glass cones arranged on a die-cast aluminum core.
Flos was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting Flos lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Nebula Chandelier is available with the following:
- 10 blown glass cones of different sizes
- Die-cast aluminum central core
- Die-cast aluminum ceiling canopy with a spherical automatic wire clamp
- Steel suspension cable
- Bayonet-type coupling system for cones, allowing easy cleaning
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Joris Laarman, EDIDA 2008 "Young Design Talent" winner
- Eight 100 Watt 120 Volt Type A21 Incandescent lamps (included) and four 100 Watt 120 Volt Type B15 Halogen lamps (not included).
- Fixture: Height 47.28", Width 27.58"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...