In Japanese, maru means "circle," often intending to convey a state of completeness, or perfection. Indeed, the Ingo Maurer Maru Pendant was designed by Maurer to bring such a sense of completion to a contemporary design scheme. The flared crinkled White paper shade adds a clean, textural element and sheds an ethereal glow. Its height is adjustable via the central red ring, which acts as both handle and counterweight.
For more than 40 years Ingo Maurer has created somewhat irreverent and thought-provoking designs in a method that is more exo-modern than contemporary. These experimentalist collections enliven fashion runways, monuments and private homes, giving Ingo Maurer lighting a name that resounds in the minds of the design-forward.
The Maru Pendant is available with the following:
- Crinkled White Japanese paper shade
- Round, metal ceiling canopy
- 3 metal suspension cables
- White 78.7" electrical cable
- Height adjustable with red iron ring, which serves as counterweight
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Germany
- Designed by Ingo Maurer, 1980
- Shade: Height 10.2", Diameter 39.4"
- Canopy: Diameter 8.7"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...