Flos was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting Flos lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Lastra 6-Light Suspension is available with the following:
- 6 White pressed glass shades
- Rectangular transparent tempered glass base treated with conductive silver paste and protective ceramic paint
- Aluminum and polycarbonate supports
- Round ceiling canopy
- Electronic transformer secured to glass base
- 4 mechanical die-cast aluminum ceiling fittings
- 4 steel suspension cables
- Built-in quick adjustment cord
- UL Listed
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Antonio Citterio and Oliver Low, 1998
- Six 35 Watt 12 Volt MR11 Halogen lamps (included).
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Fixture: Width 66.3", Depth 8.7"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 156"
- Canopy: Height 0.8", Diameter 2.4"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.