Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Jalwa 2 Rug is available with the following:
- Made of reclaimed and restored old materials (100% wool)
- Hand made construction
- Hand stitched using reclaimed leftover dyed yarns
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
Color: Charcoal, Purple, Rust
Size: 5'2 x 7'6, 7'10 x 9'10
- 5'2 x 7'6 Option: Width 5.17', Length 7.5'
- 7'10 x 9'10 Option: Width 7.83', Length 9.83'
- Every handmade Mat-Vintage rug is a work of art and unique in its own way. Due to the specialized methods applied into the restoration of antique and semi-antique rug pieces and yarns, and the system of reproducing Mat-Vintage rugs, each rug will be slightly and naturally different from another. Variations in style and pattern flow are expected, due to the natural inconsistencies brought about by the individual hands that attend to the washing, rinsing, shearing, stitching and carving processes. Color variations and imperfections are also expected, reflecting the random blending of naturally inconsistent dye strengths.
- Vacuum regularly, at least once a week and preferably more often in places that are subject to a lot of wear. Always use the flat nozzle when you vacuum. Remove stains immediately. Rotate occasionally so that it will wear evenly over the whole surface. Handmade, over-dyed rugs should be professionally cleaned every other year or so.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.