Flos was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting Flos lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Glo-Ball Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed by Jasper Morrison in 1998
- Material: Transparent injection-molded polycarbonate shade support, 30% fiberglass reinforced polyamide canopy, galvanized steel ceiling fitting
- Shade Material: Hand blown, acid etched flashed opaline glass
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
Size: Small, Large
Light Option: Fluorescent, Halogen
- Small Option: One 26 Watt (1825 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt G24q-3 Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Included)
- Small Option: One 72 Watt (1490 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Included)
- Large Option: One 26 Watt (1825 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt G24q-2 Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Included)
- Large Option: One 150 Watt (2600 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Small Option Cable: Length 145"
- Small Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Small Option Fixture: Diameter 13", Height 10.62"
- Small Option Suspension: Adjustable to 155.62"
- Large Option Cable: Length 192"
- Large Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Large Option Fixture: Diameter 17.7", Height 14.17"
- Large Option Suspension: Adjustable to 206.17"
Ratings: Based on 4 reviews, this product is rated 5.0 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.