This piece unfurls from its collapsible design like a bird opening its wings. Meaning "owl" in English, the Issey Miyake Fukurou Suspension is a fascinating night watchman that uses energy efficient LED technology to illuminate the shade's unique folded shape. Designed by Japanese artist Issey Miyake.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Fukurou Suspension is available with the following:
- White polycarbonate shade made from recycled PET bottles
- Round White Opal ceiling canopy
- Suspension cable
- Driver included in light source
- Laser etched Artemide and IN-EI logo
- LED Color Temperature: 3000K
- 300 lumens
- CRI: 81
- UL Listed
- Designed by Issey Miyake and Reality Lab
- iF Product Design Award, 2013
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...
IN EI by Issey Miyake for Artemide