Fan Buyer's Guide - Ceiling Fan Blade Pitch
Inspiration, What to Consider & Fan FAQs: A Few Quick Tips On the Importance of Fan Blade Pitch
What Is Blade Pitch and Why Is It Important?
Blade pitch is the angle, measured in degrees, between a 180 degree horizontal plane and a ceiling fan's blade tilt.
Why Does Blade Pitch Matter?
The angle of the blade makes a difference in how much air a fan is able to circulate throughout a room. The optimal blade pitch for a ceiling fan is between 12 to 15 degrees.
This degree of blade pitch will allow your ceiling fan to move a "just right" amount of air...not too much (you don't need a wind tunnel in your room) and not too little (you do need to feel a nice breeze).
Be sure to browse through all of the features of a fan's product page to identify its blade pitch, as well as blade span and air efficiency metrics.
Choosing a Ceiling Fan & FAQ
- Choosing the Right Ceiling Fan Size
- Choosing Ceiling Fans by Room
- Using Ceiling Fans in Summer & Winter
- Ceiling Fan Installation Options
- Energy Star Qualified Ceiling Fans
- Using a Ceiling Fan On a Sloped Ceiling
- The Difference Between 4 & 5 Blade Fans
- What is Blade Pitch & Why is it Important
- Why Buy a Remote for Your Ceiling Fan
- When to Buy a Ceiling Fan Light Kit
- CFM & Airflow Efficiency
- Choosing An Outdoor Fan