Fan Buyer's Guide - Ceiling Fans For Sloped Ceilings
Inspiration, What to Consider & Fan FAQs: A Few Quick Tips For Finding a Fan For An Angled Ceiling
Using a Ceiling Fan on a Sloped Ceiling
If the ceiling has any kind of slope angled pitch, a sloped ceiling adaptor is necessary. When purchasing a ceiling fan it is important to check the ceiling angle with which the fan is compatible. That way, you can successfully install a fan right where you want it.
Here are some tips when shopping for sloped ceiling compatible fans:
- Some fans include a sloped ceiling adaptor that can accommodate angled ceilings. Check the details carefully as each ceiling fan manufacturer has different specifications.
- If the fan is a standard mounting fan and it is intended for use on a sloped ceiling, it is necessary to purchase a sloped ceiling mounting kit. These options are typically listed in the details section of the product's page and will often include links to these specific kits.
- Especially true for fans being mounted on sloped ceilings, extra downrods may be necessary if the room has a high vaulted ceiling. Whether your ceiling fan is hung at the standard 8-9 feet from the floor or higher up, it is important to find a downrod that will accommodate for each room's particular height.
- Finally, keep in mind that some ceiling fans just can't be adapted for a sloped ceiling. It is always good to double check this detail before purchasing a fan for a sloped ceiling.
Choosing a Ceiling Fan & FAQ
- Choosing the Right Ceiling Fan Size
- Choosing Ceiling Fans by Room
- Using Ceiling Fans in Summer & Winter
- Ceiling Fan Installation Options
- Energy Star Qualified Ceiling Fans
- Using a Ceiling Fan On a Sloped Ceiling
- The Difference Between 4 & 5 Blade Fans
- What is Blade Pitch & Why is it Important
- Why Buy a Remote for Your Ceiling Fan
- When to Buy a Ceiling Fan Light Kit
- CFM & Airflow Efficiency
- Choosing An Outdoor Fan