Named The Best Design of the 20th Century by Time magazine, the Eames® Molded Plywood Lounge - Wood Base by Herman Miller® was also the very first piece Charles & Ray Eames designed for Herman Miller. The entire chair is made using the Eames' signature molded plywood process. The result is at once soft-looking, comfortable and exceptionally sturdy.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Eames Molded Plywood Lounge - Wood Base is available with the following:
- Made of molded plywood
- 5 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, 1946
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 26.5", Width 22", Depth 24.25"
- Seat: Height 15.5"
- Herman Miller wood veneer- Santos Palisander is a sustainably harvested Bolivian rosewood. It replaces the non-sustainable rosewood formerly sourced from Brazil. | Herman Miller uses only all-natural real wood veneer. The natural characteristics in individual wood veneer pieces should not be considered defects. Rather, the inherent color and grain variations in the wood contribute to a veneer's unique beauty, and make each piece one-of-a-kind. | If properly cared for, wood veneer furniture will stay looking beautiful for a long time. To learn more about the care of wood veneer, go to the Learn More About Herman Miller section on the main Herman Miller page.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...
Eames Molded Plywood by Herman Miller