Originally designed in 1950, the Eames® Molded Plastic Armchair - 4 Leg Base by Herman Miller® was the first industrially manufactured plastic chair. The form of the molded polypropylene seat is both clean and comfortable, and is available in a rainbow of fashionable colors. The four metal legs have swiveling glides that keep the chair steady on uneven floors.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Eames Molded Plastic Armchair - 4 Leg Base is available with the following:
- Made of a single molded piece of polypropylene
- Metal base with swiveling nylon glides standard
- Felt bottom glides recommended for hard floors
- 14% recycled content, 100% recyclable
- Greenguard Certified
- 5 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, 1950
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 31.25", Width 24.5", Depth 23.5"
- Seat: Height 16.25"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...
Eames Molded Plastic by Herman Miller