In 1543, Nicolaus Copernicus instigated a scientific revolution by proclaiming the Sun the center of our solar system. The Artemide Copernico Suspension was designed to cause a similar sensation...in contemporary lighting. It recreates the planets' orbital paths with nine elliptical rings of aluminum. They rotate independently on two axes to direct the light of 384 white LEDs.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Copernico Suspension is available with the following:
- 9 concentric mobile ellipses
- Anodized aluminum body
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-cuttable suspension cables
- Ellipses rotate independently on two axes
- Completely flat when closed
- Designed by Carlotta de Bevilacqua and Paolo Dell’Elce
- Made in Italy
- UL Listed
- Three-hundred eighty-four 120 Volt LEDs, 38 watts total (integrated).
- Fixture: Height Adjustable From .44", Adjustable To 25.10", Width 41"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 78.75"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...