Flos was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting Flos lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Chasen S2 Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Patricia Urquiola
- Mechanical louvers to adjust shape and light levels
- Chemically photo-etched stainless steel frame with die-cast aluminum base
- Borosilicate glass diffuser
- Ceiling canopy (30% fiberglass-reinforced polyamide) attached to a pressed and galvanized steel ceiling fixture
- Steel suspension cable
- FEP/PVC power cord
- Made in Italy
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
Color: Black, White
Shade Color: Borosilicate
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Canopy: Diameter 7.1"
- Cord: Length 145.67"
- Fixture: Diameter 10.2", Height 23.6"
- Shade: Diameter Adjustable From 10.2", Adjustable To 19.7", Height Adjustable From 23.6", Adjustable To 29.1"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 174.77"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.