FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore Calice 42 Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Huub Ubbens, Michele De Lucchi in 2004
- Shade Material: Dome-shaped, white, hand-blown glass with external etched finish
- Shade has a closed bottom
- Support of steel tubing, covered by a tapered sleeve in white translucent molded polycarbonate (allowing a partial soft diffusion of light)
- Round steel and white molded thermoplastic ceiling canopy
- Stainless steel suspension cable
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
Light Option: Incandescent, Fluorescent
- Incandescent Option: One 150 Watt (2670 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Incandescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Fluorescent Option: One 26 Watt (1750 Lumens) 120 Volt GU24 Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Fixture: Height 29", Diameter 16.5"
- Maximum Hanging: Length Adjustable From 39.38", Adjustable To 78.75"
Manufacturer IDs: view
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Related Searches and Products
Designed by James Irvine, the Artemide Float C Suspension offers clean simplicity and modern elegance in an energy efficient design. It comes with a transparent polycarbonate top and opaline methacrylate bottom diffuser, a die-cast aluminum frame and White lacquered finish. ...
The Foscarini Big Bang Suspension boldly pairs bright lighting and chaotic form, producing dramatic, delicious results. The Big Bang Suspension, a 2005 Enrico Franzolini and Vicente Garcia Jimenez design, features an inner glass shade that directs light upward and downward ...
The Glas takes the familiar image of the industrial lamp used in factories and transforms it into a timeless personal entity. By day, the Foscarini/Diesel Home Glas Suspension quietly reflects the objects and environment around it. By night, it emits ...