An extension of the esteemed Castore family of lights, designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens. The Artemide Castore Calice 18 Suspension features a dome-shaped hand-blown White glass shade with an open bottom, which allows for both direct and diffused lighting. The top of the shade appears to extend up into the suspension cable due to a polycarbonate sleeve over the steel stem, which allows it to partial diffuse the light, too.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore Calice 18 Suspension is available with the following:
- Dome-shaped White hand-blown glass shade with an external etched finish
- Shade has open bottom
- Support of steel tubing, covered by a tapered sleeve in White translucent molded polycarbonate (allowing a partial soft diffusion of light)
- Round steel and white molded thermoplastic ceiling canopy
- Stainless steel suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens, 2004
- Fixture: Height 11.44"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable From 39.38", Adjustable To 78.75"
- Shade: Height 4.75", Diameter 18"
- Canopy: Diameter 6"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...
Castore Calice by Artemide