Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore Calice 18 Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Huub Ubbens, Michele De Lucchi
- Dome-shaped White hand-blown glass shade with an external etched finish
- Shade has open bottom
- Support of steel tubing, covered by a tapered sleeve in White translucent molded polycarbonate (allowing a partial soft diffusion of light)
- Round steel and white molded thermoplastic ceiling canopy
- Stainless steel suspension cable
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens, 2004
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (1000)
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
- One 60 Watt (630 Lumens) 120 Volt E12 Base Incandescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Fixture: Height Adjustable From 13.75", Adjustable To 78.75"
- Shade: Diameter 18", Height 4.75"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable From 39.38", Adjustable To 78.75"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.